CHART OF TENSES
- Match the following verbs in bold type with a suitable tense:
- I have never been abroad.
- It is raining right now.
- They live in the country.
- By the time we arrived to the stadium, the match had already started.
- Did you travel last summer?
- She will probably arrive tonight.
- We will have finished before you arrive.
- While we were having dinner, the lights went out. A. Simple pre.
- Where do you live? B. Present cont.
- He doesn’t get up early on Sundays. C. Simple Past
- We shall be studying physics at this same time tomorrow. D. Past cont.
- What are you doing? E. Simple Fu.
- I’m listening to classical music. F. Future Cont.
- After she had cleaned the house, she prepared lunch. G. Present Per.
- Where were you yesterday morning? H. Past Perf.
- I was at home. I. Future Per.
- What were you doing?
- I was revising for the next test.
- When I got home, my parents had already eaten dinner.
- How often does he read the newspaper?
- She rarely helps her mother.
- What time will you leave?
- Are you busy now?
- My mother was cooking dinner while I was doing my homework.
- He has just finished his work.
- They will have covered the program by the end of May.
- I’ll be reading when you arrive.
- As soon as the bell rang, the students left the classroom.
- Have you ever seen an elephant?
- Does he ever smoke?
- He has already had breakfast.
- What do you do?
- What did you do last night?
- What’s the matter with you?
- They haven’t got time to fix the car.
- He usually believes you.
- Previous climbers had cut steps in the ice
- Somebody had cleaned my shoes and brushed my suit.